Logo

1985 Sea Ray with 350 OMC help

S

scarfdud

"I have a friend that has this

"I have a friend that has this boat, and it looks great, he told me the gears in the lower are striped, and it is apart in a box in the back of the boat, they want $1500 for it, and the tadem axle trailer, but I am afraid
it may need more work. Any insight on this would be greatly appciated."

"In my opinion $1500 is way to

"In my opinion $1500 is way too much for it especially with the outdrive in pieces. How long has it been apart, was the engine properly winterized (not sure where you are). You also want to make sure the boat has no hidden surprises like a soft floor or soft stringers and transom. You could end up owning a $1500 trailer! I would walk away unless you are really attached to it or they come down to around $500."

"the boat came from Corpu Cris

"the boat came from Corpu Cristi, they ran in the bay.It has been apart for less than a year, I was told, it is now on a trailer in Jacksonville TX,just south of Tyler. I was thinking the same thing, it looks great but just don't know, thank you for the help."

"If you need lower units you a

"If you need lower units you are talking about $3,500 for each unit,over the counter. ANd if they are bad, what else is bad. Unless you can answer that question and you have the money for the lower units, find something thats more in one piece"

"Ayuh,.....

I'd RUN Awa

"Ayuh,.....

I'd RUN Away from it,.... Even If they Did drop to $500.00......."

Back