Logo

92 Force 120 tilt cylinder seals and relays

E

Ed Hughes

" On my 92 Force 120 there is

" On my 92 Force 120 there is a pair of tilt cylinders ... one is leaking fluid at the top .. is there a seal kit available and is it something I could fix myself ??? Also when tilting the motor up or down it seems to not have electrical power for more than a second , but after waiting a minute or two it builds up more power to tilt just a little more . I have to go through this procedure over and over to get the motor down for getting on the water and again for getting the motor up for loading on the trailer . It appears the relays for the tilt have been replaced once before and this makes me think they might be the problem ...does this sound correct ?? "

"Ed,

There should be a tilt

"Ed,

There should be a tilt cylinder and a trim cylinder. The trim cylinder is the short, wide cylinder, and the tilt cylinder is the long, narrow cylinder. Seals are available.

Either the solonoids are not wired properly, not working, or the pump motor is faulty. Take the two wires from the pump motor and disconnect them at the solonoids. Hot wire these directly to the battery to see if the motor is working. The direction of movement is determined by the polarity of these two wires.

"

Back