Logo

Motor Overheating 135hp Evinrude

J

John Colucci

" I finally got the motor runn

" I finally got the motor running pretty good and the high temp alarm is going off.Previous owner said he just replaced the waterpump. Upon inspection the impeller looked new,but the seal on the gearbox under the water pump was leaking oil and the seal over the cover on top of the pump did not look so good.I also had water spraying out between the exhaust housing and the gearcase.(at the horizontal joint where the two meet).Thanks for all your help in the past and thanks in advance you guys helped me alot! "

I forgot to mention that this

I forgot to mention that this a 1975 model thanks

John;Replace bad seals.Don&#3

John;Replace bad seals.Don't worry about water leaking between ex.housing & g/c that is 'normal' Is it really running hot or is the overtemp sensor lying to you? Hot at idle or high speed? Low speed t/stats.High speed deflectors under cylinder heads if you have a good water pump. Zeke

" The motor heated up a minute

" The motor heated up a minute or two after start up,The water that was coming from the lower unit was extremly hot to the touch which I never noticed before running on the rabbit ears.I was running above idle but not high speed.Iam now wondering if the rabbit ears were positioned correctly although Iam usally very careful with this.I was going to replace seals,reinstall g/c and try running in garbage can this time.Thanks for the advice zeke!! "

check to see if the woodruff

check to see if the woodruff key is in the slot on the drive shaft. if they just replaced the water pump they may not have put it in correctly.

Back