Logo

06 Yamaha F50TR 4 Stroke Oil Pressure Warning Light

berniekk

"Hello to all, I am new to the

"Hello to all, I am new to the fourm,read a lot of posts,and seems to be a great fourm !
Got a question,my 50 hp 4 stroke has a low oil pressure warning buzzer, and I have a hearing loss !
Is there a way I can change it over to a warning light ?
I would never hear the warning buzzers if they were to go off,any information will be appreciated. Thanks Bernie"

"yes u could
all u would need

"yes u could
all u would need is a 12v light from like radio shack
then wire it in series to the horn
when horns goes off, the light will light up"

"Just-in-Time, I wired a 12v l

"Just-in-Time, I wired a 12v light to each wire going to the horn, and then grounded one side of each light, one light would shine with motor running or off, the other would not shine with motor running or off.
I even grounded the oil sensor unit,with motor running and horn or light did not come on.
One other thing,I was told when you turn the key one knotch, before starter engages the horn will not go off on the 4 strock models??
I have been to two Yamaha dealers today, and no luck. Any Info. Greatly welcome!! Bernie"

"it is a yamaha i would not wo

"it is a yamaha i would not worry about the oil pressure i would be more concerned with temp/ the best way would be to purchase a yamaha digital tach kit the tach has a blinking led for oil , water, and power trim scale . you should be aware of ALL these functions when boating."

"it is a yamaha i would not wo

"it is a yamaha i would not worry about the oil pressure i would be more concerned with temp/ the best way would be to purchase a yamaha digital tach kit the tach has a blinking led for oil , water, and power trim scale . you should be aware of ALL these functions when boating."

Back