Logo

1976 Chrysler Ignition problem One Engine is not fire up

jbui

"I joined the boating game wit

"I joined the boating game with zero knowledge of how marines engine work. So, any tip from the audience would be greatly appreciated.
I just discovered one of my engine does not start after I got the boat for a few months. My boat is tagged as 1976 Chrysler 135HP model 1359HE.
There are 2 CD switch boxes (Amplifier) and each have 2 connectors (one for each ignition coil). After so may hours researched. Everyone seems
to agree the switch box has issue and need to replace. The strange thing is... the engine is 1976 but the schematic does not have that part. The amplifier box are only on 1977 model. Well, I need to get the second engine working. But getting the right part for it is hairy. I dug some more and I found the device and picture but it is for 125 HP (http://www.go2marine.com/search.do?q=116-3301&x=19&y=8)

Should I go ahead to get this part and replace it?
Enclosed is the pict of the similar part I have. The color on mine is blue.

Thanks,

JB
61293.jpg
"

"Try this: Take parts off the

"Try this: Take parts off the engine that runs and try them on the other one. If it makes no difference, then leave the part on the dead engine and try ITS parts on the good one. Much cheaper than throwing new parts at it blindly.

I assume you checked for spark?

Jeff"

"You'll probably find More

"You'll probably find More help up in the Chrysler/ Force Outboard forum,......

This is the Chrysler Inboard forum......."

Back