Logo

Honda BF100 thermostat location

mrusson

"Dear group,
After replaci

"Dear group,
After replacing the impellor on my BF100, i still have marginal water flow. Dripping from the tube is more accurate. I want to replace the thermostat, but my stupid manual does NOT show thermostat location. I am concerned that i have blockage in the stat preventing proper flow. Any help is MUCH appreciated.

Mike"

"THe thermostat is behind the

"THe thermostat is behind the intake manifold cover. Basically this is the cover that the carburator is bolted onto. You may just need to clear out the "Pee'er" line. The hose is attached to a nipple at the bottom of the intake manifold. It is common for junk to settle out in this area and clog the passage to the hose as there is not much water flow here. Stick a peice of wire in the nipple, or better yet shoot some compressed air in it. If you elect to take the the manifold off, make sure you can get new gaskets FIRST, as some of these gaskets for the older Honda's are no longer available. Good luck."

I just changed the oil in my h

I just changed the oil in my honda 50 and to my horror I found water in oil. Is this a common problem and might there be an easy fix?

"not a common problem, you wil

"not a common problem, you will need to find where it is getting in, could be the head gasket"

Back