Logo

OMC saildrive parts needed

tgunneman

"I have been looking for a bea

"I have been looking for a bearing housing for a 1979 OMC 15 hp saildrive for some time. What I have discovered is that the part is no longer available. However, I am hoping that someone out there knows where I can find a used part, or if I have to, find an entire lower unit for this motor. I have been told that the bearing housing is the same as what is on a Johnson 15-25 hp outboard. I realize there are many models, but I am again hoping someone knows how to match these parts, cross match the part number or something. Can you help?

The part numbers I have been provided so far are:

bearing housing - either 388537 or 388248
gearcase assembly 388874"

We have a new lower separated

We have a new lower separated from a complete unit. If interested call Skip at Baywood Marina (732) 477-3322.

"We have a 1977 J2 8.0 meter s

"We have a 1977 J2 8.0 meter sloop. (26 ft) with an OMC Zephyr 15 HP model 15S10S twin-cylinder saildrive engine.

We need to rebuild the water pump and have been told that when doing so we may need an "iso-ring rubber mount" which seals between the mount plate and the intermediate housing. (See page 6-2 of the 1977 OMC Zehyr saildrive service manual.)

Alternatively, we need an engineering solution to this which does not include glassing over the bottom of the boat and hanging an outboard over the transom.

Thanks for your help."

"Hi,
I am searching for a the

"Hi,
I am searching for a thermostat and a set of gaskets for a 15HP OMC Zephyr saildrive 15S10S.
Could anyone help me find those? I live in Amsterdam, Holland, but a website or phone number is okay too!
Thanx a lot, Tanja"

Back