Logo

1995 Yarmaha 90Hp prime start

yargo

"I have a hard time starting t

"I have a hard time starting this motor when cold.Once its running and warmed it will start fine.I sprayed gas in the carbs when cold and it will start up instintly.I have the Clymer shop manual,there is a fuel enrichment or electro-magnatic valve but they don't tell you how to test it,any help would be appreciated.Thank-you Dennis."

this motor doesn't use the

this motor doesn't use the key to choke the eng.I wish it did.you put the control in neutral and the prime start is surpose to do the rest.The fuel enrichment is determined by the position of the metering rod connected to the electro-magnetic or elctro-thermal valve mounted on the middle carb.The eng. temp is measured by a thermosenser mounted on the cylinder head.I want to know to check the valve.

"your best bet is buy a factor

"your best bet is buy a factory manual
the aftermarket ones are OK, but easier to follow"

"Dennis,

These enrichment s

"Dennis,

These enrichment systems are not very good in my opinion. I have actually installed the OMC (Bombardier) fuel enrichment valves in some Yamahas to make starting easier. Perhaps a bit unorthodox, but nobody ever complained.

This entailed drilling small holes in the carb flange or intake manifold and pressing brass hose barbs in, but it always worked fine.

Tony"

Back