Logo

Darn Carb Why Is there to much pressure on the float

L

Lilbearman

Still not runing.. Thanks Joe

Still not runing.. Thanks Joe I have it Timed Good! But i think I still have a Carb Prob.. I get gas in the bowl But it will pour therw the little holes in the throt of the carb. The Idil holes.. When I pump the gas line it comes pouring out these holes on both carbs. After the bowl is full I played with the float but it wont stop the flow To much presure I am thinking.. Is there a vent on these carbs? I am thinking so much preasure on the float that it blows it open..
But Did get it to idle for 1 minute.. ) That mad me a little Happy!
I am going to get the J6J spark plugs.. I just fell that it is not hat enough! I get a 1/4 inch jump on all Plugs. But I am thinks they dont burn hot enough! I have the J4C in the motor now..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lilbearman.... I assume that

"Lilbearman.... I assume that you've installed a new float needle valve assy. The float should be adjusted as follows. Hold the carburetor body upside down and view the float from the side, adjust the float so that it is ever so slightly higher on the end opposite the hinge pin, just slightly higher than horizontal/parallel with the carb body. It should not be cocked when viewing it from the end.

Your problem is not due to too much pressure. When the carburetor is right, you could stand on that fuel primer bulb without a flooding problem.

The carburetor does have a vent but if it was clogged, fuel should pour/shoot out one of the larger hole that exists on the carburetor whenever you pump the primer bulb.(No, I don't remember which one).

The J6J s/plugs are superceeded by J6C s/plugs (Champion).

Joe
"

" I have it runnig just a litt

" I have it runnig just a little... But MAN!! When I put it in gear and give it some throttle. it blew the water out of the garbage can in 1/2 second!!
And now I know My Overheat Light Works!
)

It just dont idle to good at all...

Also had no water coming from port. just steam and sprinkles of water. but the thrmastat is in a place were I can see it wont get to hot only if cover of motor is on.. The cylinder heads were VERY HOT!! I could put my hand on top of the thrmastat and leave it there.. so as soon as I get it to idle. I will put the cover on and see if it will open..

Thanks again for all the advise!! You GUYS ~Rule!! "

Back