Logo

93 175 Ocean Runner Please help Joe

marcell

Heres my problem. While putt

Heres my problem. While putting my boat on the trailer earlier last month the port engine kept cutting off. Once I had it on the trailer I pulled the cowl to find the entire rectifier melted. From what I could tell at the time the black wire attached to one of the rectifier bolts was loose and I just figured it had shorted somehow. I had another Ocean Runner at home that I purchased for spair parts and replaced the rectifier with the one off of it. Recently (the first time since I replaced the rectifier) while offshore the engine died. When I pulled the cowl the red wire coming from the rectifier was smoked. I replaced the wire and attempted to start the engine again. As soon as I turned the key the new wire burnt. After this I put a wire nut on the red wire and left it disconnected where it comes out of the rectifier and the motor would run but would not turn up but 3800-4000 RPM. Once I got back to the landing I started tryiing to figure out what was wrong. Turns out the top starboard cylinder was not getting fire so I replaced the the coil pack. Same result no fire. Then I replaced the entire power pack and coils from the spare engine. Started the engine and it ran like it was brand new for about fifteen minutes and then dropped the same cylinder. Now I am about out of spare parts and still have the same problems. Could the bad rectifier be causing me to lose fire on this cylinder? Have I destroyed my spare power pack by running the engine without the rectifier?
Any help would greatly appreciated.

" Marcell; GET RID OF THE WING

" Marcell; GET RID OF THE WING NUTS ON THE BATTERY,do you have a cheesy red PERKO battery switch,if yes replace with Cole/Hersee M-750.Loose battery connections causes voltage spikes causing the reg/rect.to burn up usually causing damage to the power pack ,stator, timer base, and engine wire harness! replace above listed parts along with the reg/rect.that should fix you up.hope you got deep pockets as those parts are costly.maybe you learned something.NEVER USE WING NUTS,ONLY HEX NUTS WITH STAR LOCKWASHERS "

Back