Logo

318 chrysler block

J

John Colucci

Is a 1991 automotive block co

Is a 1991 automotive block compatible with 1976 heads.Have cracked 318 marine engiine block with reconditined heads and new cam timing gears etc. I have a 1991 automotive block will it work?

" John,
Keep in mind that mos

" John,
Keep in mind that most Chrysler marine engines were CW rotation while automotive engines are CCW rotation. This means that, if you make this swap, you will need to use the cam, starter and distributor from your original engine. I thought you might want to know that. You will want to confirm your rotation to verify this. Good luck. "

Thanks guys for your input.I

Thanks guys for your input.I really appreciate it.

" Hi guys;here's my proble

" Hi guys;here's my problem. Ihave a 34ft houseboat with a 318,1966 motor .I cracked the block duh.Now here's the problem Ihave just rebuilt a 1979 318 out of a cordoba and put the motor all together.when i put on the part that takes place of the car water pump it has a decal on it saying the motor turn CCW[old motor] but the new motor turns CW.
My question is 1.can i use or buy a prop that turns the other way. or do i have to change the cam,dist.,starter.
2.if so do i have to change heads ,lifters and rods, since the old motor had solid lifters and the new one has hydrolic lifters "

Back