Logo

Source of information for antique boats

K

Kevin J

" I posted previously about an

" I posted previously about an old boat & motor that I might buy to restore and resell. Thanks to Joe and Zeke, the motor was pegged as a 1957 Johnson Javelin 35 HP. The owner was able to find the Johnson Owner's Manual.

However, I can't find any information about the hull. On the manual someone has written "Boat, Maine American", but their spelling in other places is poor so it could be "Marine American". Either way, I can't find this manufacturer anywhere. I've searched the web high and low and can't find a single reference to this manufacturer.

The reason I'm searching the net is because there are no manufacturer plates or markings on the hull. I'd like to find something about this boat's value before I put money into it. I at least want to know that I'll make a little $$ for my effort.

The hull and deck construction appears to be sheets of plywood. The transom is made of solid wood planks and I think the bottom of the hull may be encased in fiberglass.

Thanks for any information you guys can dig up. I'm at my wits end trying to track down info on this boat.

KJ "

Back