Logo

90 Merc 115 TiltTrim problem

T

Troy Podoll

" We just pulled the boat out

" We just pulled the boat out of the shop for the winter. Tilt/Trim worked fine when we put it away. It has an up and down solenoid and both were clicking and not engaging motor. I cleaned all the connections and fully charged the battery and still nothing. We then bled the hydraulic system and now the up tilt works and initially the down trim did as well, but now we get just the click at the solenoid while trimming down. Do I have an electrical problem or an hydraulic problem? Ideas? "

"Troy,

The best way to sepa

"Troy,

The best way to separate the hydraulics from the electrical is to disconnect the wires from the pump motor to the solonoids. Then you can activate the pump motor directly (bypassing the solonoids). If it works then you have an electrical problem in the harness or solonoids or switch. If it still does not work, there is a problem with the motor, pump or hydraulics.

There are two types of pump motors. One has two wires, the other has three. Which do you have?

"

YOUR MOTOR IS 13 YEARS OLD AN

YOUR MOTOR IS 13 YEARS OLD AND PROBABLY NEEDS NEW SOLENOIDS. I THINK THEY ARE @ $20.00 EACH. I HAVE THEM IF YOU NEED THEM.
BRIAN

Back