Logo

1975Evinrude Straflite 135HP

J

John Colucci

" I got this motor running pre

" I got this motor running pretty good,but the previous owner cut th wires off the back of the tack.Can you please tell me what wires go where.Thankyou "

John
I depends on which tach

John
I depends on which tacho you got but generally the purple wire will go to positive or I terminal
the black will go to ground or G terminal and the grey will go to pulse/sender or S terminal. If these are different to your tacho let us know what terminals or wires you have on your tacho for more specific references

" Thankyou for your reply, but

" Thankyou for your reply, but my tach is a omc and it has only one gray wire and a "g" pointing to a mounting stud I know that is the ground.Where would the gra wire go where it would receive a signal and power? "

John
Ok we got the tach sort

John
Ok we got the tach sorted.
The gray wire is the sisnal and it requires a ground on the stud that you say. This tach doesn t require the 12v power wire that i state above.
Go to your control box and remove the cover.(3 phillips screws). In here you should find a grey and a black wire that are just in there and not connected to anything. These are the 2 that you have to run to the tach. If you cant find these look at where the wiring harness comes into the control box and you will see a grey and black there.

Back