Logo

Montgomery ward 15 hp need parts

cathy

Contributing Member
" Hi, I have a Montgomery Ward

" Hi, I have a Montgomery Ward, 15 hp boat motor. We broke the plastic "dogs" under the rope pull housing. Are there parts available to replace these? We can still crank with the pulley housing off. Just have to wrap a rope around the top. The serial numbers and such are:
M
GG8971A
75X682347
SN
I am not sure what all the technical terms are but if you need a picture, just let me know where to send one. If anybody knows what year this motor is, I would appreciate it if you let me know. Thank you, Cathy "

" Cathy,
I'm not sure abo

" Cathy,
I'm not sure about the parts, but that model number GG8971A is a 12HP Montomery Ward Sea King from 1957 according to my index. It was made by Gale Manufactured Products for Montgomery Ward.
I can supply manuals for it if you need them.
Regards,
Andrew "

" Thanks Andrew for the reply.

" Thanks Andrew for the reply. Do you know where we might find the parts? I'm sure a manuel will give us the part name but where do I find the part? Do you think this is something to give up on and just keep using the rope? Thank you, Cathy "

"Cathy,

You could try a loc

"Cathy,

You could try a local Johnson/Evinrude/OMC dealer, the Montgomery Ward / Gale motor was part of the OMC family. You would be best to find one that is accustom to dealing with older motors.

You could also check the listings of outboard parts suppliers in our directory. Some of them mention that they specialize in antique and older motors.

Regards,
Andrew"

Back