Logo

1975Evinrude Starflite Spark

J

John Colucci

I have spark in three cylinde

I have spark in three cylinders only.I swapped ignition coil out with a known good one and still no spark.I checked out the sensor coils out with an ohm meter as the manual stated and they checked out ok.I assume it is the powerpack but how do I verify it before I buy one? Or am I missing something else? Thankyou in advance John.

" John: (I think that I&#3

" John: (I think that I've told this story) Once upon a time, I was working on one of those motors and had a no-spark condition on one cylinder. Sensors checked-out, but read a little hot on the peak-reading volt-meter. A mechanic older than me, (I'm 50) told me to take a hammer and a punch and tap the aluminum band holding the sensors a little closer to the hub of the flywheel (the magnets had weakened over time) - BINGO! I had a four cylinder motor again. What the hell, It's worth a shot. Good luck. "

John
Bubba suggestion may be

John
Bubba suggestion may be right but from memory those motors dont have four sensor coils. This would point to a faulty powerpack. To test this remove the power pack cover then swap the sensor wires of the no spark cylinder to a good one if the good one still fires then your sensor is ok and the powerpack is at fault this is provided the coil is a known good one as you say.

" Thanks for your help guys,a

" Thanks for your help guys,a new powerpack did the trick. "

Back