Logo

1991 evinrude rough idling etc

tony8

" Hello everyone.
New to the

" Hello everyone.
New to the forum.
Need help with 175hp evinrude.
New powerhead in 1993,approx 120 hrs total on new powerhead, dealer performs winterizing and spring tuneup etc.very happy with his work.
Last season i experienced problem when first out of slip after 15 min warmup time, engine would start to plane boat but felt loss of power, until something felt like it kicked in and motor picked up rpm and boat planed and took off as normal,called dealer he thought it was build up on hull after sitting in the water for at least a week in the slip.the last 2 trips of season when i returned from a day of fishing the motor would not idle smoothly, rpm changed intermittently. Is there anything i can check before i bring it to my dealer for the spring tuneup and checkout. "

" Tony: In 1991, OMC made a 90

" Tony: In 1991, OMC made a 90-degree crossflow 175 and a then brand new 60-degree looper 175 horsepower outboard. Which do you have? Regardless, I recently have experienced a lot of leaking maintenence valves (red manual bypass lever on primer solenoid). The plastic valve cracks causing fuel to leak from the primer and air to enter the primer system (hoses directly go to intake). To check for this: squeeze the living sh_t out of the primer bulb and turn the maintenence valve to bypass, if fuel leaks, replace it. Part number 175158. Good luck. "

" Hi Bubba
I will be taking t

" Hi Bubba
I will be taking the shrink wrap boat cover off this weekend, and i will try your suggestion.
Thanks for your help. "

Back