Logo

Impeller question on Johnson Ocean Runner 200hp

V

Vendetta

Impeller question on Johnson

Impeller question on Johnson Ocean Runner 200hp

Having trouble removing the lower unit. I have told by several ppl that it has something to do with the gear linkage. Please Help...

Schematic Maybe? Thanks !!

"Vendetta..... You didn't

"Vendetta..... You didn't say what year your engine is. However, Re-attach your lower unit with a couple bolts. Put the unit in the reverse gear position. Now, look closely at the engine shift linkage where it goes through the casting at the lower portion of the intake manifold assy. On the port (left) side of that linkage you'll see a 3/8" hex head bolt that has a screwdriver slot in it. That screw is a shoulder bolt that attaches the lever casting you see to the shift rod that is slipped into a groove in that casting.

Remove that shoulder screw and the lower unit will drop away after you remove those couple bolts that you reattached it with.

I strongly recommend that you obtain a service manual for that engine as a slight mistake could be quite expensive.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)"

" Thanks man, yeah I have been

" Thanks man, yeah I have been looking for one locally and cant seem to find one... any online suggestions to buy it? It's a 97 BTW... "

"Vendetta.... At the left of t

"Vendetta.... At the left of this page, click on "contact" and request a manual from "Andrew". Be sure to list the model number of your engine.

Joe
"

Back