Logo

Volvo MD2B 1973 engine cut off facility

N

neil walden

" can anyone tell me if these

" can anyone tell me if these were originally provided and if noy has anyone solved the lack
of such and how?
I would like to be able to kill the engine from the cockpit, independently from the throttle
controls.
Thanks in advaance for any replies "

" Neil,
There was a bellcrank

" Neil,
There was a bellcrank arrangement available mounted to the rear face of the rear gear housing of the engine which actuated the shut-down plunger of the governor by remote cable from the cockpit. Check the parts availability through your local Volvo dealer, if not readily available from new parts there are a great many of these engines available in the used & scrap market - put out a want-ad for this item if necessary.You can contact me directly by e-mail if you wish if any further info required. "

I have fitted a fuel cut-off

I have fitted a fuel cut-off solanoid in the fuel line . This needs to go as close to the injectors as space and pipes permit.

I used a standard Diesel Fuel cut-off solenoid which I procured from my local diesel workshop and was simply a case of removing an existing fuel coupling and replacing it with the solenoid. The wiring is simple. It picks up the earth from the block and live is fed from the ignition switch.

I hope this helps. Mail me if you would like a digital picture for clarification.

Allan Loveday (Falmouth Cornwall)

Back