Logo

Duel fuel tanks

S

Sherman Mohnike

In my center console boat I h

In my center console boat I have two fuel tanks but I only put oil in one at a time. I need to
hook up fuel for a new kicker motor. This is also a two cycle evinrude. My main engine is a 115 1979 Evinrude. Do I need to have a separate fuel line for the kicker or can I tee into the current line near the transom. The priming bulb is under the center console. I am afraid that when I prime the big motor I will pump fuel into the kicker. What is the right way to do this?

" Since you will not be runnin

" Since you will not be running both engines ate the same time, a seperate fuel line is not absolutely necessary, although I would not use a tee fitting. If it were my boat I would install a fuel/water seperator at the transom. The manifold for the seperator should accomidate two outlets. I would use one for the primary engine and one for the kicker. I would also install a quality shut off valve on each line. This will prevent one engine from possibly sucking air back through the QD connector on the other motor. When you say "new" kicker, how new is it. Keep in mind that your primary motor is 50:1. What is the ratio for the kicker? Good luck. "

Back