Logo

Volvo MD5 Rebuild

ray

I am rebuilding my MD5 and wo

I am rebuilding my MD5 and would like to run it on the bench before reinstalling in my Folkboat.Can I connect temp and oil pressure gauges to the existing sender units which currently only link to alarm lights on the control panel? Thanks in advance for any replies.

" no, you have to match match

" no, you have to match match these senders with the gauge. Better yet is to use the capillary type guages, no electrics or senders needed. The oil is 1/4 pipe thread, but the temp is metric and you need an adaptor. Gauge supply companies have these in stock. You can "T" in line but with water you will not het an accurate reading.. "

"Ray sent his reply to me and

"Ray sent his reply to me and I will post it below:
<BLOCKQUOTE><HR SIZE=0><!-Quote-!><FONT SIZE=1>Quote:</FONT>

Ron,
Thanks for your reply. I posted that question some time back and in the interim I purchased matching senders and gauges. I have successfully run the engine on the bench and she is running nicely. Oil pressure is around 45psi with the engine warm and the temp lines out around 70 degrees C. This is a little cool but I am mindful that there is no load on the engine.
All in all it looks as though I am out of excuses not to put it back in the boat.
Thanks again for your interest.
Regards
Ray. <!-/Quote-!><HR SIZE=0></BLOCKQUOTE>"

Back