Logo

Evinrude Lark Need to know HP and year

J

Jason Froehlich

Hi My name is Jason and i hav

Hi My name is Jason and i have a Evinrude Lark and would like to know how much hp and the year of it. SER.25532-17284

"Jason.... 25532 is the model

"Jason.... 25532 is the model number, the 17284 is the serial number. Your model number indicates your engine is a 1957 35hp Evinrude.

Joe
"

" Joe, Started the old 57 35 h

" Joe, Started the old 57 35 hp LARK on the second pull after being stored for years,,didn't run it very long still need a good cleaning, how much end play is normal on crankshaft, noticed some end play during inspection. Thankyou for the info Jason "

"Jason.... That goes back quit

"Jason.... That goes back quite a ways and I don't have the manual in front of me. However, it seems to me that on the bottom of that crankshaft there was a spring retainer setup that applied pressure against the bottom seal/bearing assy. That spring would create a downward pressure on the crankshaft to a certain degree.

Bottom line is that there shouldn't be any extremely free up and down play of the crankshaft, but it would be possible to have a slight amount of play by forcing movement against that spring.

After sitting for that length of time, do yourself a favor and rebuild the carburetor before attempting to use that engine. It's bound to be fouled, gummed, etc.

Joe
"

" You are on the money Joe, I

" You are on the money Joe, I went back to the lark and would you know NO end play must have freed something upon starting the end play is gone,and clean up will include the carb. I hope to use this engine a few more years. We had several of the 56/57 year Evinrudes bigtwin/fastwin/ect and I dought they could be beat for reliability.oh for the good old days,Thankyou Joe jason "

Back