Logo

Gray Marine model 70

J

Jeffrey C

Anyone know how lean out a ca

Anyone know how lean out a carb on a Gray Model 70. I see one adjustment screw on the carb which seems to nothing. Any help would be great!

Also whats the year and HP on the model 70's?

Thanks Jeff

" Jeff,
Model 70 is 70HP. Th

" Jeff,
Model 70 is 70HP. There is one screw towards the top. Has a screwdriver slot in it and serrations on the side to turn by hand. THis is the idle mixture screw. Turn it all the way in by hand, unscrew ONE turn. This is a good base setting till you can get it in the water and fine tune it.
On the lower rear corner there MIGHT be another screw. This would be the HIGH speed adjustment. Might just have a plug too. Turn it in all the way. unscrew it four turns. this is a spot to start.
If it does not help check your float level.
GOOD LUCK!! "

" Thanks for the info, I will

" Thanks for the info, I will try your suggestions and get back to you!

Jeff "

I just purchased an old mudbo

I just purchased an old mudboat used for duckhunting in South Louisiana. I had never seen a Gray Marine engine and now I am the proud owner of a model 70. G19596. I need specification on this unit. Horsepower? Cylinder? I plan on a springtime overhaul. Where would I obtain parts?
Any other information anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Duke

" Duke,
I have a 1956 Correct

" Duke,
I have a 1956 Correct Craft that I am restoring that has the same engine. I am told it is very similar to a Continental. Many were put into tractors. For parts, check out tractor dealers or NAPA. "

Back