Logo

Evinrude Starflite 100 Missfire

C

Chrisquinton

" Hi Guys, I have just bought

" Hi Guys, I have just bought my first boat,it has a problem.Model No. 100293R don't know what year this is.Have put in new fuel (50:1) & plugs,run really good at about 3000 RPM for 1.5 hrs then it developed a missfire,it is just noticable at speed but seems to get worse as you slow down it stalled at idle wouldn't restart,changed plugs to get going again.When I took out the plugs they seem to be very dark & oily.Please help if you can. "

"Chrisquinton; what you have i

"Chrisquinton; what you have is a 1972 100hp,that
engine has the worst gearcase and the worst ignition system Evinrude/Johnson had since WWII.
Clean the dist.cap and rotor check for cracks,air
gap [sensor]is .028" use Champion L77JC4 plugs only check all electrical connections,no wing nuts on battery-hexnuts&star lockwashers only make sure you have 12+volts to powerpack when running, hi-test gas a new powerpack costs more than the motor is worth running good {$368.93}
good luck,trade it soon [email protected]"

"Chrisquinton.... I attempted

"Chrisquinton.... I attempted to send you a e-mail but for some reason it got kicked back to me. I'll relist it here:

Should you need a powerpack for that engine, I do have one new improved universal pack left in my remaining stock which I would discount down to $250.00, including postage if you're located in the US.

Joe
"

" Thankyou for your speedy rep

" Thankyou for your speedy replies.I will check out the electrical system,hope I can find something otherwise I will trade real soon.
P.S. I'm in Australia. "

Back