Logo

Motor stalls above tickover

paulbw

"I have a 4.3 mercruiser V6 in

"I have a 4.3 mercruiser V6 inboard that out of the blue will only run at tickover speed or slightly more without spluttering and stalling, have changed fuel filter but cannot see anything obvious. Need help as missing all the good weather."

"Sounds like Fuel Starvation,.

"Sounds like Fuel Starvation,.....

Did you change the Filter in the Carb Inlet Fitting,..??...

Could be Water IN the Carb too......"

"I had the same problem with m

"I had the same problem with my 4.3, I pulled the top of the carb off and the fuel bowl had chunks of mung floating around in the fuel which was clogging my main jets but for some reason didn't clog the idle jet.I bought some spray carb cleaner, took everything apart and cleaned it up.
Runs like a champ now."

"Have 4.3 v6 mercruiser that s

"Have 4.3 v6 mercruiser that stalled above tickover and now will not run at all, all fuel problems appear to be eliminated but have spotted sparking from one of the terminals on the coil, cannot be correct, could this be the problem?"

you can correct the sparking o

you can correct the sparking on the coil by putting a small amount of caulk on the both terminals worked just fine for me i was losing power and open the swim deck at night and seen the sparking

i would do a tune up when'

i would do a tune up when's the last time you did that maybe it's plugs wires or cap does sound like gas filter did this just happen after a fuel fill up maybe water in fuel had it happen to me

Back