Logo

Identify engine size volvo

T

t123sparky

I have a GM V8 there are 3 op

I have a GM V8 there are 3 options 305 350 454 the nane plate is gone or I just cant find it.

" Sparky,

The serial # tag

" Sparky,

The serial # tag should be located on the S.B side aft in the vicinity of the starter. If missing post some more details; Roughly how old, two or four barrel carb etc.

Karl "

" 305 and 350 have 6 exhaust b

" 305 and 350 have 6 exhaust bolts, 454 have 8, gm engine # back of engine were bellhousing bolts on "

Sparky

My guess is that yo

Sparky

My guess is that you have a Merc 330 which was based on the GM 454. What sort of transmission does it have? Borg Warner or Mercruiser MercTrans? If MercTrans there'll be an aluminum plate on the top of the trans bellhousing saying as much making it an MCM330 which was normally used with a SternDrive (TR or TRS probably from that period). If its a Borg Warner then they called that version the MCM330B-W but they started using that a little later than 1980 I think. The Rochester 4 barrel more than likely makes it a bigger HP engine hence my guess at a 330 and the 6/8 bolt manifold is a good indicator too. Are there any decals on the rocker covers with the HP rating (330). From rebuilding my motor last year I recall that there is a GM engine number stamped into the casting in numbers about 1/8-1/4" high on a small smooth ground surface about 2" x 3/8" either right above the timing chain cover or on the rear of the motor near the bellhousing in the 'V'. They'll probably have a W and this will confirm which motor it is/was and what the GM donor engine was also.

I have a 454 Marine engine an

I have a 454 Marine engine and I am trying to find out what HP rating it has and year. The numbers I can find are as follows:
361959 = 454
gm 10 T
K1orT3M78or0
Head # gm T1 340218
Thanks

I have a merc 350ci 300hp efi

I have a merc 350ci 300hp efi motor
have problems with water entering the
cylinders .
need help

Back