Logo

Need a Water pump for a V8 260 ford interceptor inboard

zenasskickin

" Hi

Im looking for a Water

" Hi

Im looking for a Water pump for a V-8 260 ford interceptor. Anyone have a good source fro parts? Im in the Bay Area, Ca but any one would do.

thanks "

" Try NAPA. The have a great s

" Try NAPA. The have a great selection of Marine and older stuff. Is this an integral water pump, that is a Ford specific part, or is it mounted externally, whereas you could replace it with a like and kind pump???Good luck and keep us posted. Kim "

" It's a Ford H2O pump and

" It's a Ford H2O pump and timing cover in one. Ill try NAPA but I think this is a bidirectional pump and i dont know if my local NAPA guys can figure that out, heck they give me the wrong parts for 95% of the time on auto parts. I shudder to think what a Marine part would do to them.

David "

" My NAPA guys are right 98% o

" My NAPA guys are right 98% of the time and when they are wrong its because they listen to me. Find the oldest clerk in the store as these young bucks cant think with out a computer and the computer cant tell them the correct wiper blade with out year, make, model, tranmission type and color. (Sorry to all the younger generation, but its true) Take the old part with you and they may be able to fix you up with a rebuild kit if all else fails. If you really get stuck, email me a pix of the unit with all #s and info and I will have my NAPA guru chase a part #. Good Luck, Kim "

" Amen, Kim! I had to order a

" Amen, Kim! I had to order a rebuild kit from NAPA for a Q-jet carb. Order it! Not a marine carb - just off a plain old Chevy small block. Seems like yesterday the shelves were filled with them.

The times they are a change'n! ;^) "

" Were dating ourselves now, b

" Were dating ourselves now, by talking about rebuilding a carb. Talk about going the way of the Buffalo. Thats, OK I still have my original dwell meter, and flexible allen wrench for adjusting GM points while running. Remember the little slide window on the dist?? Heck I only got rid of my 8 track player two years ago and now they burn CDs off the net. Kim "

I need the wiring(timing&

I need the wiring(timing) order for a V-8 ford windsor marine
engine. It has a points ignition

" I need the wiring (timin

" I need the wiring (timing) order for a 351 V-8 ford Windsor engine. thanks,
dwc "

Looking at an older boat that

Looking at an older boat that needs engines rebuilt. 2x chevy 350. I have rebuilt several car engines with no problems. How much different is a marine engine. What seperates a marine engine from a car engine...besides the cooling system.
Dan

" Dan, most differences in Mar

" Dan, most differences in Marine and Auto engines are external, but some small internal diffs exist. Mostly cam, or in MOPAR make up of block alloy.

If your boat has twin engines one is most likely a reverse rotation. Obviously do not mix parts between the two and make sure you get port engine back into port side , etc. As far as rebuilding, if you can get the parts, and have rebuilt before, go for it. Have you priced out reman short blocks??Just an option. Good luck, Kim "

Since they are mostly the sam

Since they are mostly the same...looking at reman long blocks...problem is that reversed rotation thing. Gonna put some money into it and wanted to go with Higher porformance engines. Was looking at long blocks offered by summit. Didnt see any with reverse rotation. will keep looking.

Looking for a reman 1980 Che

Looking for a reman 1980 Chevy short block reverse rotation. Any suggestions ?

Back