Logo

Distributor spacer

narcosis

We are rebuilding two Chrysler

We are rebuilding two Chrysler 360 engines one has normal rotation and the other counter rotation. We noticed on the counter rotation engine that there is a spacer with a sleeve that fits down into the engine then the distributor go into this sleeve/spacer causing the distributor to sit a little bit higher. The other engine does not have this spacer/sleeve on the distributor. Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the spacer/sleeve is?

"I've heard of that. I su

"I've heard of that. I suspect it has something to do with side thrust load on the distributor bearings, but that's just a guess.

I assume you know that the rear main oil seal is different on the counter-rotating engine? Hate to see it develop an oil leak after it's installed!

Jeff"

"Thanks for the information, w

"Thanks for the information, we will check and make sure we have the correct rear main on the conter rotating engine. Here is another interesting find. On the counter rotating engine the heads have a casting number of 4027163 which is original to the engine. We found that this casting number is for a 318 engine and the block is a 360. I would imagine that the heads from a 318 would fit a 360? Any thoughts."

".."I would imagine that t

".."I would imagine that the heads from a 318 would fit a 360?"

Yes, and that's what Chrysler used on most 360s.

Jeff"

Back