Logo

1970 Luhrs 32

dlp_90731

"Hi everyone. I have a 1970 32

"Hi everyone. I have a 1970 32 powered with a T6354 single screw. I have been having a hard time locating info on the cruise speed, top speed , and fuel comsumption associated with this year and make. If anyone can direct me or pass on some info I would be in debt.

Darrell
San Pedro Ca"

"Hi Darrell,
Just read your p

"Hi Darrell,
Just read your post and was surprised to see someone else with the same boat, year, and engine I have. I've had mine almost two years now. From what I've learned, the engine isn't powerful enough to get the boat to plane although the hull would plane with more power. I'm working on my boat speed-tach speed issues right now. I put a 4 blade prop on after having a 3 blade on there. The "computer program" was supposed to get the right pitch. Didn't quite work out. Still overpitched. I can only reach about 2100 rpm's wot. Your injector pump should have a stamped number on it that will also show no load 'wot' rpm's, (it's probably 2500) like mine. Been told if that is true, with a load on you should be able to run 2400 rpm wide open and cruise at 2150 rpm all day long for a happy engine. Hope some of this makes sense.
Ed
Bremerton, WA"

Back