Logo

Tiny Outboards

• Thread starter Joseph P. Albright
  • Start date
J

Joseph P. Albright

I am looking for a very small

I am looking for a very small gas outboard for my bass buggy. I know someone used to make a 1 or 1.5 HP motor that sort of looked like a weed wacker with a prop. Does anyone know where I can look for something like this?

" Is 2HP too big?? Yamaha and

" Is 2HP too big?? Yamaha and Honda make these. I have an OMC 2HP, but it has had a lot of problems. If you can get a pre-1995 OMC 2, I would do that but if you're looking to buy new go with the Honda or Yamaha. Honds's version is 27 lbs and runs on straight gas. It is air cooled just like a weed whacker! "

" 2HP is not to big, but from

" 2HP is not to big, but from what I've seen the Honda and Yamahas are pretty pricey. "

" Tohatsu/Nissan might be an i

" Tohatsu/Nissan might be an idea. They make Yamaha's, Mercury's, and Johnson's two horsepower outboards (2-cycle). They sell their own version much cheaper than the aforementioned guys and it's the same motor. "

" Yeah,
Tohatsu's good.

" Yeah,
Tohatsu's good. I've heard it daid that tehy do make those. If it's true that they make the Johnson, the engine is good, but I've had a time with the carburetor tearing up, and the cowling and pan are lousy. "

" what you are looking for is

" what you are looking for is called the cruise and carry engine. they come in 1.2 hp and are air cooled. I bought one brand new in the box last summer for about $250 delivered to my front door. one problem is that they are no longer made. If cared for properly, they last a long time! If I recall....lake erie outdoor shop had some left. good luck..I love mine....I stopped using my 2hp evinrude...this one only weighs 12 lbs. "

Bubba's comment is correc

Bubba's comment is correct. They all sell the same two horsepower engine. You can buy parts for all of them from any Johnson-Evinrude dealer.

Tony

" Message for pethia.

I hav

" Message for pethia.

I have a Cruise'N Carry that I haven't been able to use for a while. I need to locate a source for replacement pinion (at low end of drive shaft) and lower unit gear. Any suggestions?
Also, doe you have an e-mail address for Lake Erie Outdoor Shop?

Thanks "

" 5 HP 1999 Nissan (aka To

" 5 HP 1999 Nissan (aka Tohatsu) 4 stroke:
Has always fouled the plug regularly, faster than I would expect for a four stroke. Never started easily -- always took several tries, but most recently, with new plug, would only start with starter fluid, and then would not run faster than idle. Seems to have fuel, air and spark. Cleaned carburetor, and no obvious gumming or blocked passages; float bowl pristine. Could problem be coil, or timing advance, and if so, how to check?
Nearest dealer is 50 miles away, so appreciate help! "

" I came into possesion of a s

" I came into possesion of a small o/b motor.
It is called a Mini-Jet,made years ago by the
Schnacke Mfg. Corp,in Evansville,Ind.
It does not have a prop,but uses an impeller to push water from rear out let like a Jet-Ski. Does any one have info on this unit. One cylinder.
This unit runs perfectly.
Hank

P.S.
Reply to my E-mail addy. "

Back