Logo

seized mercruiser 74 l of 1992

spiras

"I have a formula with twin 7.

"I have a formula with twin 7.4 l , 330hp with Bravo tranmission with only 100 hours on them.One engine sized with the piston blowing through the wall to the cooling chamber.
What and where should I go to replace the seized engine."

"Sergio, I would get several

"Sergio, I would get several estimates from your local dealers. Don't overlook the small mom and pop shops. Often the best mechanics don't charge enough to have a fancy shop with new trucks.

Get referrals if possible. GM still makes that engine as a replacment and the cost is not much more than a remanufactured one so check out the options. Make sure they will seatrial the boat when completed and honor any warranty that comes with it.

I may be able to recommend someone depending on your location. If I can't, unless you're on some remote island somewhere, someone here surely can.

Good luck
Rick"

"Hello Rick,
thank-you for yo

"Hello Rick,
thank-you for your comments. The boat is based in Menton, France very close to Nice. I would be glad if you could recommend someone or if you could suggest where to buy a rebuilt block.
Regards.
Sergio."

"Sergio, Sorry, but that'

"Sergio, Sorry, but that's slightly beyond my shpere of influence. Anybody?

There are many US suppliers of this engine, they should be willing to ship to Europe, but I would think there is someone locally who could help you. The internet is the best place to start.

Good luck."

Back