Logo

Alpha vs bravo3

troytron1

"I am about to buy a 24' b

"I am about to buy a 24' bowrider with a 5.7 300hp. The boat weighs 4200 pounds.I have the option of an alpha or bravo 3 drive. The alpha is rated for that hp but will it hold up over time, or am I better off with the bravo 3?
Thanks. Troy."

""or am I better off with

""or am I better off with the bravo 3?"

Ayuh,.... Absolutely,..... No Question,.... No Doubt About It....."

"I own a 200 Select Sea Ray wi

"I own a 200 Select Sea Ray with a Bravo III. With tower it likely weights about 3700+ pounds dry. I have a buddy with the exact same boat (incl. tower) with an Alph 1 and both are running the 5.0L MPI. They are like two different boats. My boat runs about 400-500 rpm less at wakeboard speeds. When I put 6 people or two people in the boat there is a difference of about 2 tenths of a mph according to my perfect pass at 3500rpm cruising. His boat slows down by a few mph. I also notice almost no top end speed difference whereas his boat slows down by a good 5mph. Should you buy it? Let's put it this way. I wouldn't buy another 20-27 foot boat without it. It is like the differnce between 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive. Oh yeah, my boat is faster too b/c I can trim it more out of the water whereas his plows.
61170.jpg
"

I have a 2003 SeaRay 220BR 5.0

I have a 2003 SeaRay 220BR 5.0MPI BIII. SeaRay list the dry weight at 4300lbs.

Without a doubt I would go with the BIII for the reasons DJ C lists above. Another comment I have is that the boat tracks better than any single prop boat that I have ever been on. I can take my hand off the steering wheel and the boat will continue straight. The other thing I notice that there is less bow rise on start than other boats with Alpha Is.

Back