Logo

Replaced impeller but still no peeing blockage How to knowfind

I

Iwan Lane

" Hello there,
The serial no.

" Hello there,
The serial no. on my Johnson 25 is 9J25RPU.
I've been trying to get this motor, that has been sat-up for many a year, going.
I managed to start the motor after some cleaning but noticed that NO water was being expelled. So I follow advice and replaced a perfectly good lookin' impeller. However, after a million back breaking hours of impeller replacement therapy, still NO WATER.
Can anyone advise on next course of action?
Maybe there is a blockage somewhere? Is there a test to establish that the cooling channels are indeed blocked? I've tried to blow into the pee hole with the lower unit off and it seems blocked but not sure if this is a real test or not.
Please help
Iwan "

" I've just realized that

" I've just realized that that last sentence sounds terribly rude but please forgive, I'm being serious.
Iwan "

"Iwan..... The plastic water o

"Iwan..... The plastic water outlet portion of that water telltale outlet is prone to blockage by even the slightest bit of salt or debris. If this is the case, usually running a solid piece of wire up there when the engine's running will clear it out.

If not, remove the plastic piece, and/or remove the rubber hose from it, then try running the engine again to see if water shoots out the hose. If the problem persists, remove the hose from the nylon elbow at the outer exhaust baffle plate, then run the engine to see if the elbow itself is clogged (it happens).

Let us know what you find.

Joe
"

" Try what Joe said first - if

" Try what Joe said first - if that doesn't work, give it a shot blowing into the pee hole again, but this time use an air compressor. I've had luck clearing the passages this way.

Jon "

Just a THANK YOU note to all

Just a THANK YOU note to all who helped.
I now have a running Johnson 25.
I couldn't have done it without this site.
This is the coolest site.
Iwan

" I have a '92 Evinrude 25

" I have a '92 Evinrude 25 hp outboard motor. The overheat alarm comes on after about a minute of running at trolling speed. I have a stream of water coming out the water pump hose any time it is running, even while the alarm is sounding. If I run the motor under the rpm where the S.T.O.R.S. kicks in, the alarm will quit in 30-45 seconds. It works fine at 3/4 to full throttle. Is my water pump going bad? If so, how do I check it? "

Back