Logo

Trim sender

J

James Dean

"Hello, to all! Does anyone k

"Hello, to all! Does anyone know where I can get a trim sender for a 1988 3.0 Cobra? Thanx!!!"

Thank you for that!!! Iv looke

Thank you for that!!! Iv looked online and never found one! Thanks for the quick reply! James

I ordered the trim sender and

I ordered the trim sender and was woundering what a socket removal tool #3854350 is??? Thank you.

"James...don't know for su

"James...don't know for sure but this is what I suspect. The sender comes with a piece of black duplex wire with a rubber grommet on it to seal it where the wire goes through the transom mount. The wire plugs into a connector at the rear of the engine, you can easily see the wire come through the transom mount and just follow it to the connector. You will notice that the connector does not come with the new sender, you must remove it from the existing one which means pushing out the 2 pins in the connector and then putting the new pins from the new sender into the connector after you have fed it through the transom mount. The connector is too big to fit through the hole where the grommet goes thats why you have to remove and install it. I suspect the tool is to push the pins through but I've always used a screwdriver and needle nose pliers to do this and re-install."

Ok thank you again. It must be

Ok thank you again. It must be the tool that looks like a screwdriver handle with a long point they are showing then. I bought the online manual. Not what I was expecting but will work.

"James...just a suggestion but

"James...just a suggestion but if you are handy at all and plan on keeping the boat for a while I really recommend for you to get the original OMC factory service manual, you can see them on ebay sometimes such as the link below, it may seem a little pricey (this one is new) sometimes you can get used cheaper but it is far superior to any aftermarket like Clymers or Seloc, it will more than pay for itself with your first repair.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1988-OMC-COBRA-STERN-DRIVE-REAL-SERVICE-MANUAL-RARE_W0QQitemZ 200062665520QQihZ010QQcategoryZ26453QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"

"Thank you, will try to get a

"Thank you, will try to get a used one."

Back