Logo

What oil filter Mercruiser 37

D

david wesley

Looking for oil filters that f

Looking for oil filters that fit the 3.7 mercruiser engine. napa told me the napa 1515 and motorcraft FL1A but neither fits. any help is great. thanks

""18-7824
Replaces OEM #

""18-7824
Replaces OEM # (0778864)
Oil Filter
18-7824 Oil Filter Mercury 54111 B*A $6.79 $5.24"

I just found That by clicking on the "Engine Parts * Shop by Brand" link about 3" to the right of Your Post...........

What Don't Fit with the 2 you Tried,..??.....
Were they the Same, or both Different,..??....
That "18-#" in the C&P above is a Serria #,.....It Should be a Good #......}"

I am actually looking for a c

I am actually looking for a cross reference for this motor to a wix or napa or motorcraft filter. thanks

napa can cross sierra numbers.

napa can cross sierra numbers. (they sell them) good idea to stick with napa filters. good product. I use napa gold whenever possible.

"thanks for the replys but nap

"thanks for the replys but napa got the sierra number and can't get a cross on it. i know people use wix or napa or motorcraft with the engines and i know someone had a number on their engine oil filter just like my application. any help would be great soon, thank"

What about the Motorcraft FL1A

What about the Motorcraft FL1A does not work? Too long? Too large diameter? Wrong threads?

the FL1A seems right but wrong

the FL1A seems right but wrong threads and the PH8A is too small as well as the FL-400S. Pleanty people have these motors and i hope one person will be able to help me soon.

"thanks so much eddie, just cu

"thanks so much eddie, just curious how you got the informaion if you would please tell"

"The PH8A, FL1A is the old For

"The PH8A, FL1A is the old Ford/Chrysler filter. Most newer Fords are Motorcraft FL-400S or 820S. You just got to figure which automotive engine it crosses with. Once you get the right automotive number, you can cross reference easier."

"Eddie, and whomever else that

"Eddie, and whomever else that my have read this post, the oil filters that eddie thought would fit the mercruiser 3.7 are the wrong numbers. i bought them today and they don't fit, the thread hole is too big and gasket area too small, still need help with finding one that will fit, the FL1A is the closest, it looks right on gasket but wrong threads, any help would really be appreciated, thanks"

Is it a large diameter (3

Is it a large diameter (3 1/2") the gasket touching the outside rim?

the correct oil filter is a fr

the correct oil filter is a fram PH30 or PH 13 or any chevy straight 6 cyl or early chevy V-8 filter early 70s

The Wix part number is 51061.

The Wix part number is 51061. Not sure the PH30 or PH 13 is correct - it might be though. This is a 4 cylinder aluminum block cast by Mercruiser - it isn't a Chevy.

the oil filter is the same for

the oil filter is the same for on the block or remote filter. its basically a chevy filter . take my word please

Back