Logo

SUZUKI DF90 2004 4 STROKE loosing power

kensimpson6

"I have a 2004 df90 that had w

"I have a 2004 df90 that had water in the fuel , the system has been totaly drained and flushed , I fitted new water traps & filters , now it runs perfect for 15-20 minutes then looses power , if I turn the key off then turn it back on it comes good for a short period then looses power again . any suggestions would be appreciated or info on where I can obtain a service manual , thanks , regards Ken !"

"check the fittings on your fu

"check the fittings on your fuel lines, sounds like you are getting air into the fuel"

"You hit Your thumb with the h

"You hit Your thumb with the hammer this time, J-I-T!
The 4-stroke is an injection engine!
Ken:
You may have a problem in the electric high pressure pump, that one is not too fond of water!
Take apart the vapor seperator and clean the pump and check the float valve.
54135.gif
"

"I think I've fixed it , p

"I think I've fixed it , pulled the pump apart & found it was dirty so I cleaned it also found a clip had come off the needle valve , seems ok for now but wont know for sure until I go on a long run , fingers crossed , thanks everyone for your helpful sugestions , Good boating & happy fishing Regards Ken !"

"All, I have a 2001 DF90. The

"All, I have a 2001 DF90. The other day it was hard to start, big backfire, the motor started but didn't have any power. It wouldn't rev past 5000 RPM. At low RPMs it seem to run fine. About 20 minutes running like this the oil light started flashing. I checked the oil and it was less than 1/2 qt low.

Any suggestions? Regards, Pat"

Back