Logo

Can I go from I%5cO to Just outboard With some sort of conversion

dodge

My motor in my 19ft larson is

My motor in my 19ft larson is retired for good I would like to put an outboard on the back is it possible?

" it is very possible! You wou

" it is very possible! You would have to have the transom hole glassed up and then install a bracket to mount the outboard. It can get a little spendy though. Gil Marine makes a good sturdy bracket to mount an outboard. Make sure your transom is sturdy though. You need to get the motor height set correctly too,or it will perform badly. Just think of all the room you would get back, not having that inboard there any more, it would probably perform better too. "

" I too thought of taking out

" I too thought of taking out my inboard and putting on an outboard.

Besides loosing the fuel economy of my chevy four would I be putting too much weight (on a fulcrum) effect out there.

But if I did put an outboard there, what size of outboard would be reasonable to replace my 120 hp to get the most out of the weight ratio

As far as mounting, I thought that leaving the hole there, making a bracket (out of pipe) in the oval shape of the housing, and using the support beams to run some angel iron runners to attach the pipe through the transom

What does anyone think of that suggeston, it is a thought I have for my re-powering delimnia

Linn Prudhomme "

Back