Logo

Help Info on 94 60 degree 150 evinrude

marty

if any one can help me i have

if any one can help me i have a 94 60 degree 150 evinrude. it will not idle unless you hit the choke a couple of times. i was told it had the 4-bolt carbs and needs to be changed over to the 5-bolt carbs. to breath better ???. other then that it runs very well. is there any other things about 60 degree blocks i should know about . any help would be grateful

"Marty.... That engine came in

"Marty.... That engine came into being after I retired and my knowledge of its technology is limited. Whether it needs new carburetors depends on if it ever ran as it should.... if it did, then obviously the carburetors were just fine at one point, and I would see no reason why they should suddenly be replaced (unless it's a warranty job).

I'd suspect that from what you've said, that the carburetors have become fouled, clogged, gummed somewhat. In which case, the cure would be to remove, clean, and rebuild them.

Joe
"

thanks joe

if you

thanks joe

if you could at your time please look up any info for me. i looked every where no luck. or ask any one you know

thanks alot
marty

PUT A #10 FENDER WASHER UNDER

PUT A #10 FENDER WASHER UNDER THE UPPER REAR COVER SCREW IS THE FACTORY RECOMMENDED FIX
ZEKE EVINRUDE/JOHNSON MASTER TECH

" What effect, what changes do

" What effect, what changes does the #10 washer make/have on the engine that would cause the idle problem to be corrected? "

Back