Logo

501 or 10011994 20hp Johnson

D

Don Martin

" A freind of mine bought a bo

" A freind of mine bought a boat with a 94 20hp Johnson on it,she and the previous owner had been running 50:1 in it,she bought a book on it and it says in it to run 100:1 in it,is this right? I would hate to see her blow it up because of a mis-print,also could you tell me the spark plug she should be running in it?

I also have a spark plug question for another member in our club,he has a 1968 20hp Johnson and was wondering what kind of plug he should be running,he's been haveing trouble with it fouling plugs and thinks it may of had the wrong one's in it when he bought the motor,thank you for any help
Don "

I would run 50:1. I have an

I would run 50:1. I have an "87 Evinrude that I dimanteled the Auto-oil and run at 50:1.

" Thank you all so much,gave h

" Thank you all so much,gave her all this info and 50:1 it is going to be,you all are the best

Don and Deb "

" All the manuals I have read

" All the manuals I have read that advise 100 to 1 during breakin, or at other times, only applies to Vro engines with the VRO working at 50 to 1 and the 100 to 1 is in addition to the 50/1 to give a combined ratio of apptox 38 to 1. This is to insure the engine is getting some oil if the VRO is not working properly. "

Back