Logo

Volvo Penta Winterization

gary

Regular Contributor
" Hi. I inherited an older fib

" Hi. I inherited an older fiberglass boat. Not even sure what make it is. It is 16' long, with a Volvo 4 cyl motor and drive. It has a Traveler logo on the side near the stern and Saturn on the dash. It was in storage for the last 15 yrs.

I cleaned the points, rotor and plugs, gave it new gas, and changed the oil, and it actually fired up and ran smooth. That was last week. Now temps are falling and being a neophite with boats, but not stupid, I know I have to drain the water before it freezes. Can anyone help? On the engine there is a rectangular metal box, which I assume is a heat exchanger. There is a small circular hole covered by a glass window. It is held on by a butterfly. I opened it up and drained the water after running the engine with no water hookup. I also disconnected the hoses to the water pump. Anything else I need to do??

The data plate on the engine saysl AC 100 2418. middle of this unit, with a butterfly "

" Gary,
Hopefully someone can

" Gary,
Hopefully someone can help you with the specifics of your question. Regarding the model, are you sure the nameplate doesn't say AQ100 ? That would make it an early 1960's 4 cylinder 100HP Sterndrive.
Regards,
Andrew "

" I have an '83 Volvo AQ26

" I have an '83 Volvo AQ260A. At some point in it's life, it was converted to an electric choke. The plate that used to cover up the heat riser holes in the intake manifold has disintegrated, and now I have 2 holes in the intake manifold.

Anyone know where I can obtain a new cover plate?

Please e-mail if you can.
TIA,
Harvey "

Back