Logo

Lm318 what year is it

K

KMD

" I just bought a used engine

" I just bought a used engine and I am trying to find out what year it is. there is a plastic cover that goes on top of the flame arrestor that says Chrysler 250, I assume that means 250 HP, the model number of the engine is LM318BWL15-903

I know the LM means left hand rotation and the 318 is CID but I am trying to figure out what year this engine is. Could the 903 mean 1990 manufactured the third month? "

"KMD,

I don't know the

"KMD,

I don't know the answer to your question... I hope someone else does... but I don't think those last three digits contain a code for the year. They are what Chrysler called the "engine specification"... see: Chrysler ID Page.

Regards,
Andrew"

" KMD, the last time Chryls

" KMD, the last time Chrylser built a marine engine was in 1988. The BWL15-903 refers to the transmission mated with the motor. BW is a Borg Warner 1:5 to 1 ratio and the 903 should be the gears. If you look on the block under the heads there will be a casting with the info. on the year of the motor. "

" Also, the "LM" is th

" Also, the "LM" is the type of engine, as opposed to the older "LA", and has nothing to do with rotation. "

Back