Logo

BF45A Cooling Ports

T

Terry Mar

"Can someone tell me where all

"Can someone tell me where all the cooling ports, where water should come out after going through the cooling system, for a Honda BF45A are located?

Thanks,

Terry"

"u will have a pee hole on sta

"u will have a pee hole on starboard side
if no water comes out try putting compressed air up there
i just did a PDI on a 35 and after 10 mins, no water was pumping out of it, got the air hose over, used the air hose and it fixed the problem"

"I know about the pee hole. I

"I know about the pee hole. I am wondering if there are any other holes/ports that would be below the water line when the prop is submerged?

Thanks,

Terry"

"Just had the maintenance done

"Just had the maintenance done, impeller, water pump, oil change, gear oil, and spark plugs. Started it up with "ear muffs" on to provide water for the cooling intake and saw water coming out of pee hole, like it should, but also saw water coming out of three other holes, one on each side of the motor about 3 inches up from the plug/screw for flushing the motor, and one in the front of the motor at the same level. All these would be below the water level when the prop is in the water. Just never noticed water coming out of these holes/ports before and want to know if it should be?

Terry Mar"

"Great discussion! <center><ta

"Great discussion! <center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/mime_html.gif""" align=left alt=""text/html"">
[url=""][b]blackjack.html[/b][/url] (9.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

"Just bought this same motor a

"Just bought this same motor and when I hook up the ear muffs, I don't see any h20 coming out the pee hole. There is pressure as I can feel air, but no water. Any ideas?

thanks,

keeping a tightline..."

Back