Logo

Honda carburators 50hp

J

john m

"please help, it seems that th

"please help, it seems that these carbs are problematic and really sensitive to anything.I have a 99 motor that has always run rough at idel, but smooth over 1000rpm, tough to start, difficult to troll. once the carbs are rebuilt she runs great for a month or two then slowly goes back to her old self. I use 2 filters, new fuel hoses, stablizer, straners, only high test.
after paying 700.00 to rebuild twice i now do it myself, carefully remove and reuse gaskits and all parts. the problem seems to be something clogging the orfices which are so small i clean with a small guitar wire, cleaner and air.
Is this and etheol related problem?
Does honda reconise this problem, do they offer any solutions?
I thought I was paying extra for the best outboard on the market, however I'm ready to go back to a 2 stroke, or at least a fuel injected 4 stroke."

never use gaskets
do u have a

never use gaskets
do u have a water separator installed
if so 10 micron. if not u need one
never use wire to clean carbs
use some carb cleaner in a can and compressed air

"i hate to reuse gaskits, i al

"i hate to reuse gaskits, i also hate going into the carbs after 5-6 hours, i will order new gaskits and prepare for the next rebuild.
i have a racor s3227 10 micron filter/seperator.
canned carb cleaner(crc marine) did not have enough pressure to blow out the fine orfice, i used wire, lots of cleaner, and then air"

Back