Logo

Outdrive Information

E

Erik73

"I have an '84 Searay Sevi

"I have an '84 Searay Seville with a mercruiser 140. I need help identifying my outdrive. When I replaced the belows, I bought a kit for an alpha-1 outdrive and the kit they sent had a straight hose but my outdrive had a molded hose. The only #'s I could find on the outdrive were these: 0718750B. I noticed on the Bravo belows kit, that it comes with a molded hose. Could it be possible that I have a Bravo drive on my Searay, not an alpha-1. Or do I even have either one of these. I am not sure. I have read stuff that says it is different things. Need help!"

"You have either an Alpha 1, o

"You have either an Alpha 1, or possibly an MR.....

It's Not a Bravo......

And, Which Hose are you talking about,.??...."

The hose i'am talking abou

The hose i'am talking about is the water inlet hose on the bell housing right were the bellows are.

"Every 1 that I've done wa

"Every 1 that I've done was a Straight piece of Hose......
It needs to have it's Pitch turned just So, so that it'll Not Kink......"

"[b]Posted by Bondo, "It n

"Posted by Bondo, "It needs to have it's Pitch turned just So, so that it'll Not Kink......"

Bondo, could you elaborate a little on your comment? I am going to be replacing the rubber on both of my Alpha 1’s. I don’t remember seeing any mention of this on the online manual for removal & replacement of the bell housing."

"I don't knows I've ev

"I don't knows I've ever Read it Either,.....

You know how a Hose has a Pitch to it as you Coil it up,... You have to keep it from Twisting,+ if you do it Right,....
It'll lay Flat.......

Well,.... When you install that Hose on the Alpha,...
If it Binds or Kinks,.....
Just loosen it,+ give it a little Twist 1 way or the Other,.....
And,... When you get it Right,.......... No Kink......."

Back