Logo

Water filled boat

dawgs

Regular Contributor
ok heres my problem....finally

ok heres my problem....finally got the boat running good...the boat is on a trailer in my driveway for about 5 weeks...canvas cover on it....unfortunately the plug was also in it....well the boat became a pool...water up to the seats....i dont think any of the electric was affected...water never got over the top of the block....what should i replace? what should i do? the boat tries to turn over but wont...mercruiser 170

"Remove the spark plugs and cr

"Remove the spark plugs and crank it over a few times before trying to start it. That is, if the next paragraph doesn't apply to your boat.

By "any of the electric", I assume you don't include the starter, which is probably toast. It was under water. Take it out and get a new or rebuilt one- there's no good way to repair yours. Once that's done, try cranking it with no spark plugs."

""<font size=""+1"">water

""<font size=""+1"">water never got over the top of the block</font>"

I Gotta believe that the Starter was Underwater,......
And the 470s have that Stator mounted to the front of the Crankshaft,... That Musta been Underwater,......

Did you Check the Oil,..??..??.... I Bet that's FULL too.........

You DO have a Shop Manual for that motor, Don't you,..??......}"

yeah it seems like the starter

yeah it seems like the starter is sticking now (its brand new) the plugs are dry...no water in the oil...so hopefully its just the starter....any other tips? how can i determine if its getting a spark?

Back