Logo

Either luv it or hate it Joe help me to luv it again

B

bullseye

" '93 150 Evinrude. Recent

" '93 150 Evinrude. Recently $1k work done on it (lower unit seals, regulator, plugs, diagnostics). Cold/warm idle is good; mid range throttle good; wot good but occaissionaly (first hour of operation) motor dies as if key is turned off. No sputter, cough, or anything; just stops cold. At times hard to start after this occurs. After an hour or so of nursing and swearin at it, runs fine the rest of the day. "

"Bullseye..... If you can get

"Bullseye..... If you can get at the back of the ignition switch easily, remove the "Black/Yellow" wire from the "M" terminal (usually a raised terminal). That is the ground (kill) circuit leading to the powerpack.

If you can't get at the back of the ignition switch, remove that same "Black/Yellow" wire at the rubber electrical plug that leads to the powerpack.

If the engine now runs properly, replace the ignition switch as it is developing a intermitent short across the two "M" terminals.

Note that with that black/yellow wire removed, you will not be able to turn the engine off as you are eliminating the kill circuit. Let us know what you find.

Joe
"

I am in need of a NOS or exce

I am in need of a NOS or excellent rebuilt marine carb for a 1916 5hp 2cyclinder two cycle Bub-E-Marine engine. Orig was Planhard 1 inch updraft with flange connnect to intake. It is giving me trouble and wish to replace with more reliable vintage design card. This is in beautiful launch that I would like to use with more confidence! Any help appreciated. Mike

"Michael,

I have never hear

"Michael,

I have never heard of a Bub-E-Marine engine... but I am guessing that it is an inboard engine. So... you are really posting to the wrong category... and acutally we have another web site for antique inboards (pre-1940 style) that might be more helpful for you... it is OldMarineEngine.com, and it has a discussion board too.

But... the short answer to your question is that you probably need a 1" Schebler Carburetor. They were the most reliable of the early marine carburetors and a lot of engines used them. There is a guy in NJ that sell them, and they are readily available at antique engine shows. Paul Gray in MD makes replacement floats for them.

Regards,
Andrew Menkart"

" Bullseye, i had 35 johnson

" Bullseye, i had 35 johnson that would do that. dealer rebuilt carb and was supposedly fixed...NOT.removed powerpack from engine and found cut that appeared to have been made with screwdriver blade in insulation encapsulating circuit board. put it in low oven for several hours then sealed it with marine sealant and no more problem. "

Back