Logo

Mariner 40 EL wiring question

Lonedrone777

Hey all!

I have a 1981, I think, Mariner by Yamaha (40 el- 414577). Recently, I had to replace my upper motor mounts, which meant pulling the power head. As I got ready to put everything back together, I noticed I had 2 wires dangling loose with no obvious place to connect them. They are bound together, black, and one has a male end, the other female...no I don't think they are meant to go together...I have attached a link to my google drive where you can view a pic in which you can see them hanging just under the power head. They seem to originate from just behind where the pull cord coils...close to that anyway. Does anyone know what these wires are for and where they connect? If you own this same engine, would you mind taking a look at yours and letting me know what you see? Thanks!!! paul--

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B34yJpgalocyTlRGanFzbjZHenFmclNIX2VRcDBCZlU4a2I0

After some additional research, I think the wires I’m referring to, possibly come from the solenoid coil assembly. If anyone knows where they connect, that would be helpful.

Back