Logo

Fuel Injectors Clean. What to expect based on attached report

JohnnyFive

Good afternoon all. I have a 1999 Mercury 225 EFI. I bought the boat in 2013 with a total of 80 hours on the engine. Fuel lines in the boat were rotted from the ethanol and boat would hardly come out of the hole. New gas lines, fuel filter and away I went. It always smoked like Don Johnson on Miami Vice, but my mechanic told it's just a big thirsty engine. I had asked a few times about sending the injectors out for service, but was told it was probably a waste of money. This past week I got a bug about it and removed the throttle body and injectors myself. I was amazed at the amount of residual two stroke oil in the throttle body. I had the injectors serviced and the report is attached. I am informed enough to know that they were in definite need of service, but my questions is, based on the attached report, what can I expect moving forward as far as performance, smoking, fuel consumption etc, and is there anything within that report that jumps out either negatively or positively?

I also changed the fuel filter, a can of power tune squirted equally into each of the six cylinders and ran it on muffs for a bit until is stopped smoking, then popped in the new plugs. Your responses are appreciated!

John

Attachments

• Injector report.pdf
    26.1 KB · Views: 27
Don't see where they replaced filters???? I have several of my tournament guys cleaned every 2 years but regular joe suggest 3 years.

ScreenHunter_27.png

Last edited:
Back