PDA

View Full Version : 2012 9.9

Jacobh05
02-23-2019, 02:48 PM
I bought a Jon boat with a 9.9 Mercury 4 Stroke on it, I couldn’t get it to idle right after a carb kit, so i took it to the local shop. They suggested a new carb so I said ok, now I have a brand new carb and took it out today. It will idle and run great for 20 min or so then die. Let it sit and it’ll fire right up and run like a top. I had carb replaced in October, and hasn’t been ran untill today. Before I took it I knew the float was stuck because gas would enter the oil after running it for a long time, anyways im out of ideas the shop replaced the fuel lines, gas tank vent doesn’t work but I wouldn’t think that would matter it just acts like it is flooding out, but it has a brand new carb. Any ideas on troubleshooting?? I’m new to 4 strokes and so far ain’t a fan.

mechanicman
03-31-2019, 09:53 PM
You say the gas tank vent doesn't work? It could be starving for fuel then.

Jacobh05
04-01-2019, 12:05 AM
Bought a new gas can, adjusted the air/fuel ratio, too much fuel was getting unburned and going into the silencer then it would die. Now Iím making oil, run the motor for 4 hours was full on oil and now almost coming out of the dipstick hole. Where do I start on that?

mechanicman
04-01-2019, 08:42 AM
I don't understand what you're saying. You want to do an oil change?