Logo

1998 Mercury 90HP ELPTO 2T - Wiring Questions

Franknstein

Hi all

I've got a 1998 Mercury 90HP ELPTO 2T which I've finally finished restoring and its running now.

I have 3 questions.

1. Does my model have a plastic cover which goes over the CDI units and the trim solenoids like the older clam-shell ones did? I've got a couple covers but they dont seem to bolt on as there are no tapped holes for the cover?

2. Got two wires which I havent a clue as to what they plug into. One is a light brown colour and the other is dark brown/white. But nowhere on the wiring diagram does it show these wires so I really baffled by them. I've attached photos and wiring diagram.

3. For the two blue wires which run to the low-oil sensor, one plugs into the loom which is fine, but the other blue wire should go to ground, but I dont have a black/ground wire with a female connection on my loom anywhere near where the blue oil sensor plug sits. I have noticed a tapped hole right there in the area, and evidence something was there before, which I am assuming could have been a ground terminal with a female plug connector on the other end, but not sure. Can someone check on same motor what goes in the tapped hole in my photos and what the wiring looks like which grounds the oil level sensor pleeeeeeaasee?

Photos attached.
thanks
20190208_174659.jpg20190208_174650.jpgScreen Shot 2019-02-08 at 17.59.19.jpg20190208_174759.jpg20190208_174751.jpg

Back